When was the Bacardi Cocktail Invented
The Bacardi cocktail, first appeared in a book titled “The Ideal Bartender” published in 1917.
The rum used for this cocktail in the early days was not Bacardi, but it was branded with the Bacardi name. Then Bacardi went through the legal route and stipulated that only Bacardi rum should be used to make Bacardi cocktails, which is still valid today. Not only did they win the case, but also achieved the purpose of promoting themselves through this matter.
It is also a very classic cocktail basic framework, sweet and sour + spirits, replace the sugar in the Bacardi with red pomegranate syrup, that is this Bacardi cocktail, many people also called him pink Bacardi! Balance of sweet and sour, refreshing taste, and the alcohol is medium to high!
What You Need
- lime juice
- Bacardi silver rum
- red grenadine syrup
- red cherries for garnish
How to Make a Bacardi Cocktail
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add Bacardi white rum,lime juice, and grenadine syrup to the shaker.
- Shake the ingredients vigorously until the shaker is frosted and chilled.
- Strain the cocktail into a chilled cocktail glass filled with ice.
- Garnish with a lime wedge or cherry, if desired.
Enjoy your refreshing Bacardi cocktail!
How To Serve a Bacardi Cocktail
How to Make Grenadine Syrup
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a saucepan, combine the pomegranate juice, sugar, and lemon juice.
- Heat the mixture over medium heat, stirring frequently, until the sugar dissolves completely.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the mixture simmer for about 15-20 minutes, until it has thickened and reduced by about half.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and let the syrup cool to room temperature.
- Once cooled, transfer the syrup to a glass jar or bottle and store it in the refrigerator.
Homemade grenadine syrup will keep for about 1-2 months in the refrigerator. Use it to add a sweet and fruity flavor to your cocktails and other drinks.
Tip For Making a Bacardi Cocktail
- Use fresh ingredients: Fresh lime juice and simple syrup will make your Bacardi cocktail taste much better than if you use bottled lime juice or store-bought simple syrup.
- Choose the right rum: Bacardi is a brand of white rum, but you can use any type of rum you like for this cocktail. However, a lighter rum will work better than a darker one.
- Use a shaker: Shaking the ingredients with ice will not only chill the drink but also mix the ingredients well, creating a smoother cocktail.
- Use a strainer: When pouring the cocktail into the glass, use a strainer to remove any ice or fruit pulp, creating a smoother drink.
- Garnish with a lime wedge: A lime wedge not only adds a pop of color to the drink but also enhances the flavor.
Remember to experiment with the recipe to find the perfect balance of sweetness and tartness for your taste preferences.
Frequently asked questions
What type of rum is best for a Bacardi Cocktail?
As the name suggests, Bacardi rum is traditionally used in this cocktail. However, any light or silver rum would work well.
Can I use bottled lime juice instead of fresh lime juice in a Bacardi Cocktail?
While fresh lime juice is preferred for its bright flavor, bottled lime juice can be used as a substitute if fresh limes are not available.
Is grenadine syrup necessary in a Bacardi Cocktail?
Yes, grenadine syrup is an essential ingredient in a Bacardi Cocktail. It provides a sweet and fruity flavor and gives the cocktail its characteristic red color.
Can I make a Bacardi Cocktail in advance for a party?
It’s best to make the Bacardi Cocktail fresh, just before serving. However, you can prepare the grenadine syrup and measure out the rum and lime juice in advance to make assembly quick and easy when it’s time to serve.
Can I make a Bacardi Cocktail without ice?
While a Bacardi Cocktail is traditionally served over ice, you can serve it without ice if you prefer. Just strain the cocktail into a chilled glass instead of over ice.